We’ve investigated the email issue that made every user receive any tickets intended for only email@example.com
- No malware or attacks were made on the site (confirmed this with our host).
- No accounts were hacked.
- No data was leaked. Everything is still safely hashed.
- The following actions can be securely done without sending all members an email:
- Change password.
- Change email address.
- Receive notifications (new message, group invite, etc.).
Only the manual form submissions being sent to us were impacted.
Here to Help
One user’s email address was displayed in a data deletion request. I will be reaching out to them personally about this.
If your username was displayed in an email (i.e. you were one of the apocalypse tickets), I am happy to help you setup a new account and transfer your information. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Change your password, just to be safe.
- Delete the emails you erroneously received.
Support Tickets, Reporting Users + Requesting Features
Please send these manually from your email address to email@example.com.
Our form submissions are typically very minimal, so I think the best solution for now is to disable the form feature until I can relaunch it with 100% certainty that you won’t all be bombarded.
I sincerely apologize for this issue, and I appreciate everyone’s understanding.
All the best,